Rend Lake College is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Rend Lake College does not discriminate in any of its policies on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Questions about Title IX or Disability Access may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, respectively.
Perform service repairs to include components and other general repairs and maintenance; providing superior service and representing Altorfer’s professional image.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILIITIES (including, but not limited to):
- Ability to properly and completely fill out all service reports, inspection checklists and timecards within department guidelines.
- Completes all paperwork before moving on to next job; communicates extra time needed to complete tasks to dispatcher.
- Ability to use SIS, ET, parts and service manuals.
- Properly segment jobs and order parts accordingly.
- Return unneeded parts immediately upon job completion, complete all necessary warranty documentation and send completed follow up forms on a timely basis.
- Effectively communicate job status to customers and office personnel.
- Works in an efficient and timely manner
- Capable of in-depth electrical, hydraulic and power train related troubleshooting using prescribed tool, guidelines and documentation.
- Maintain Patten supplied tooling and equipment, including personal tooling
- Technician may be required to orchestrate special parts arrangements to ensure that downtime is reduced as much as possible.
- Perform mechanical work relating to the business of the department.
- Keep current with industry standards.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, with excellent work ethic, neat appearance and good communication skills. Take full ownership of job.
- Use safe working practices.
- Redos or excessive labor do not exceed 2% of total labor hours worked and no cases occur where the customer or company’s equipment is damaged due to mechanic’s neglect or abuse.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent, five years Heavy Equipment experience. Proficient with Excel and email.
Ability to perform high quality repairs, in an efficient fashion, and maintain a clean working environment while working in the field. Must be able to work independently. Ability to use resources for information (when written documentation is not available). Has good decision making practices and ability to follow directions . Demonstrates effective communication ability, representing Patten’s professional image to customers and office personnel. Must have good organizational skills and ability to write technical reports. Must have intermediate keyboarding skills with a basic knowledge of Office software, preferably MS Word
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits were not provided. Contact the employer for this information.
About the Employer
Information about the employer was not provided. Contact the employer for this information.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.