Office Systems Technology
As the reliance on technology continues to expand in offices, the role of the office professional evolves as well. Office automation and organizational restructuring have led administrative assistants to take on responsibilities once reserved for managers and professional staff. In spite of these changes, the core responsibilities for administrative assistants have remained much the same: performing and coordinating an office’s administrative activities and storing, retrieving, and integrating information for dissemination to staff and clients.
Degrees & Certificates in Office Systems Technology
OFFICE TECHNOLOGIES ASSISTANT — Certificate
This Office Technologies Assistant certificate program is designed to provide students with the introductory skills necessary to work as an office assistant. The curriculum will introduce various skills and technologies required for an entry-level position in an office / business setting and suitable for the student not wishing to pursue a degree.
► Total = 30 Hours
First Semester (16 Cr. Hrs.)
- CSCI 1102 Intro to Computers w/ Business Applications (3)
- CSCI 1243 Beginning Microsoft Word (3)
- CSCI 1263 Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet (3)
- OFTC 1233 Office Accounting (3)
- OFTC 1234 Communication in Technical Services (3)
- BUSI 1200 Job Strategy (1)
Second Semester (14 Cr. Hrs.)
- BUSI 1202 Employability Skills (1)
- CSCI 1275 Microsoft PowerPoint (3)
- BUSI 2107 Business Communications (3)
- OFTC 1206 Computerized Accounting with QuickBooks (1)
- CSCI 1236 Integrating Technologies (2)
- CSCI 1255 Microsoft Access Database (3)
- SERV 1101 Service Learning (1)
Program OutcomesOffice Systems Technology
- Utilize specific software programs to effectively complete a given task.
- Train and/or assist others with regard to a specific software process.
- Exhibit both communication and customer service skills necessary in the workforce.
- Exhibit crucial decision-making skills in the workforce in regards to records management and document formatting techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete business related mathematical procedures as well basic accounting concepts.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to properly code in a simulated medical office environment.
Faculty & Staff