The Veterinary Assistant certificate program prepares students with the knowledge and skills needed for a career working with animals in a variety of settings such as veterinary clinics, boarding kennels, grooming salons, pet shops and animal shelters.
VETERINARY ASSISTANT — Occupational Certificate
► Total = 17 Hours
Click on a course below to view description and availability.
Fall Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- OFTC 1234 Communication in Technical Services (3)
- VET 1210 Small Animal Nursing I (3)
- VET 1214 Animal Grooming (3) or
SERV 1101 Service Learning (3)
- VET 1215 Veterinary Practice Management (2)
- VET 1218 Animal Facilities Management (3)
- VET 2231 Veterinary Technology Internship I (3)
Program OutcomesVeterinary Assistant
- Students will demonstrate a knowledge of the tools used in grooming.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate in a clinical setting as part of a team.
- Students will demonstrate competence in written communication.
- Students will demonstrate the necessary skills to handle, restrain, and apply nursing techniques to small animals.
Faculty & Staff
Connect with us!
Visit our Welcome Center
Located just inside the main door of the Baker Administration Building
email@example.com • 618.437.5321, Ext. 1343
College office hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM • Friday 8 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 4 PM During Summer