Remington Henson seated as new Student Trustee
Remington Henson, a Wayne City graduate, was seated as the new student member of the Board of Trustees following a March election. The Wayne City High School graduate is studying Agricultural Business, Agricultural Production and Agricultural Management, and plans to transfer to Murray State University to continue his education in Agricultural Business. Henson replaces outgoing student member Mackenzie Trader, who was recognized for her year of service Tuesday.
Gym Floor Refinish Approved
The board approved Designs Unlimited of Pinckneyville to refinish the James “Hummer” Waugh gymnasium floor. This will allow for the design of the gymnasium floor to be refurbished and updated with new elements from the college’s athletics rebranding. The gymnasium floor is maintained annually, but has not been resurfaced since July 2006.
Gym and Aquatic Lobby Roof Replacement Approved
The board approved the bid from D7 Roofing of New Baden to replace the James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium and Aquatic Lobby roof.
Memorandum of Understanding
The board approved a memorandum of Understanding between RLC and Abbott EMS. This Memorandum of Understanding lays out the details of the contractual relationship between RLC and Abbott EMS for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) courses. The MOU highlights the continuation of shared resources between RLC and Abbott EMS where appropriate and beneficial for both parties.
The board approved the creation of three new certificate programs in Motion Design, Human Resource Associate and Financial Associate, effective June 1, 2019. Also approved were changes to existing curriculum and inactivate existing curriculum and to authorize their submission to the Illinois Community College Board (ICCB).
Burkitt hired as Computer Tech
The board appointed Nathan Burkitt as Computer Technician, effective April 15, 2019. Burkitt possesses the education, experience and attitude needed to be successful in the position. As a former computer technician, he already is familiar with the college’s computer setups and overall IT framework.
In other business, the board...
- Had a first reading to approve revisions to Board Policy 3.1520 – Personal Leave to better suit the needs of the institution.
- Accepted the resignation of Rose Maxwell, TRiO Director.
- Ratified the payment of the college expenses including travel expense reimbursements as presented.
Mark your calendars …
- Southeast Region Trustees Meeting | Student Center Private Dining Area 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 10
- AgHERculture Event | Applied Science Center 5:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11
- Franklin County EDGE Trade Show | Benton Civic Center 4:30-7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11
- Spring Musical: “9 to 5” | RLC Theater 7 p.m. April 11-13 & 2 p.m. April 14
- Phi Theta Kappa Induction | RLC Theater 2 p.m. Thursday, April 18, 2019;
- Lake Reception | King City Books, Mt. Vernon 5 p.m. Thursday, April 18
- Sports Hall of Fame Induction | James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium 5:30 p.m. Saturday, April 20
- Studio RLC Open House | RLC MarketPlace, Mt. Vernon 4:30–6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 23
- Job Search Party | Mt. Vernon DoubleTree by Hilton 3–6 p.m. Thursday, April 25
- STARS Banquet | James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium 5:30–7:30 p.m. Thursday, April 25
- Health Fair | The REC 9:30 a.m.–Noon Thursday, May 2
- Jefferson County CEO Trade Show | Mt. Vernon Double Tree by Hilton 4:30-7 p.m. Thursday, May 2
- Perry County CEO Trade Show | Red Hawk Golf Club 6:30–8 p.m. Thursday, May 2
- Annual Faculty/Staff Awards | RLC Theater 3 p.m. Tuesday, May 7
- Spring Concert RLC Theater 7 p.m. Thursday, May 9
- RAD Tech Pinning Ceremony | Student Center Private Dining Room 1 p.m. Thursday, May 16
- ADN Pinning Ceremony | James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium 7 p.m. Thursday, May 16
- RLCFCC Graduation Ceremony | RLC Theatre 9 a.m. Friday, May 17
- Rend Lake College Commencement | James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium Saturday, May 18
- GED Graduation | Student Center Private Dining Room 6 p.m. Thursday, June 13