Message from the President
Congratulations on choosing Rend Lake College!
With more than 100 programs, a committed faculty and staff, and affordable tuition, we are dedicated to preparing you for transfer to the university of your choice or providing the training you need for a rewarding career in a large number of technical fields.
Meeting industry needs with training and education for in-demand jobs is an important part of our mission. We are committed to helping our students not only attend college, but also to graduate. Rend Lake is consistently listed among the top community colleges in the U.S. and Illinois. Ranked as the top college in Illinois year after year affirms that RLC is among the best at providing the programs, faculty, facilities, advisement, and financial aid needed for students to earn their degrees. For the sixth time, RLC has been named in the Aspen Institute's Top 150 colleges in the nation.
In the coming year, I challenge you to explore ways you can become involved outside the classroom while you are here. We have more than 25 student organizations and clubs with plenty of opportunities for leadership, community service, and lifelong friendships. We have a great lineup of cultural events in the fall and spring, our student athletic programs are exciting to watch, and now include co-ed teams in archery and trapshooting.
Student Journeys Start at Rend Lake College. This is the place to pursue your professional and personal goals. Let any of our team know how we can help you do just that. Pay us a visit, give us a call, send us an email, browse our website, or check us out on our social media platforms. We're here for you.
Welcome to Rend Lake College.
President's Goals & Responsibilities
1. Provide overall leadership and unity of efforts for the total college program
2. Oversee and maintain the financial well-being of the college
3. Assume overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining an adequate public relations program
4. Oversee preparation for Higher Learning Commission review of the college and subsequent accreditation
5. Provide adequate information and opportunity for board development and preparation of supporting materials